Asteroids was one of the first games coded for the big, old-fashioned arcade machines.
You can play a version of it today without going into an old-style arcade.
To get started in 2Code, we'll set up some basic ingredients for the ship and the space background.
- Log in to Purple Mash and go to 2Code.
- Select 'Free Code Gorilla'.
- Go into 'Design' mode and drag a vehicle object into the design.
- Change its image to a spaceship. Choose a rockets in the 'space' category or paint your own.
- Change its name to 'spaceship'.
- Make it smaller by setting its 'scale' property. Anything under 50% should work OK for now.
- Finally, change the background to something spacey.