There are application forms at the bottom of this page.
Universal Free School Meals for Reception (FS2), Year 1 and Year 2 Children
Every pupil in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 is entitled to a universal free school meal.
Parents who are on benefits and meet the criteria listed below are encouraged to apply for additional funding, known as pupil premium funding. This benefits the school and helps increase your child’s attainment. During the current roll out of Universal Credit, if your child is approved for free school meals they will gain ‘transitional protection’ until at least March 2022.
Free School Meals for other year groups
Free school meals are available to all children whose parents receive certain benefits. If you receive one of the following benefits then your children may be entitled to free school meals.
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods (£616.67 per month);
- Income Support;
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are also not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household gross income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC); or
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.