In Key Stages 1 and 2, our main tool for remote learning is Purple Mash. It is crammed with engaging activities across the curriculum.
Your child can use Purple Mash to do homework and if they are absent from school. See our Home Learning pages to find out how this is organised.
Purple Mash also offers a Parent Portal that gives you an overview of what each of your children has available for them. Here is some help on registering with the Purple Mash Parent Portal.
A letter is sent home or can be requested from email@example.com.
Register with the Parent Portal to oversee all your children’s learning on Purple Mash. You will be able to switch to view the work assigned to all your children and see what tasks are being set and access general resources.
- Go to www.purplemash.com/sch/norton-yo17
- Click ‘Register parent’
- Enter the ‘Parent Code’ from your letter.
Help your child to log in to Purple Mash
- Familiarise yourself with the menu icons.
- Look at set tasks that are given to your child (2Dos, 2Emails, 2Blog Posts).
- Look at our school Display Boards.
- Explore other grammar, maths and spelling activities which match to the National Curriculum.
- Play one of many fun, educational collaborative games such as 2Race.
- Learn through play in Mini Mash (For children aged 3 to 5).